I am not who I will be

Hope should always defeat jadedness.  I was working on my "Mommy Mission Statement" (I feel like a ham) and I read one that made me choke.  I felt her emotions when I read it.

"To embrace this season of my life as a blessing, while my children are young and I am still their whole world."
Ouch.
Kids are tough.

Having a brilliant three year old can be exasperating.  He is everything I dreamed of and more.  He defines his name and goes above and beyond.  I can not put into words how much he is to me.  I wish I could just send out the feeling of my heart to him.  I wish he could feel the love and know it is unconditional.  He has been through it all with me.  He is my soul.

Having an active and teething 10 (almost 11) month old can me mentally and physically debilitating.  Her smile can light up the room.  She was my almost lost dream.  She is so incredibly pure and loving.  She (thank God) is not defined by her first name, but her middle name describes everything about her.  Beautiful.  She is my heart and made by the purest love.

I work and am working so hard to make things great for them.  I invest in learning resources and fun things for Owens imagination.  I try to make the home beautiful for them and cook good meals.  All the wile I forget about them.  I get so focused on what I want/need to do for them that I forget about them.

I will not let this make me feel like a failure.  It is a lesson.  Let the laundry wait.  The table can be cleaned later.  And yes, I will tell you the story of the Three Little Pigs for the umpteenth time today.

I love you.  So very much.  You exceed my hopes and dreams more than I knew possible.  You darlings, taught me how beautiful life really is and how real love can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment