"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."

I don't know if Vonnegut would be flattered or appalled that I use so many of his quotes for this blog.  He is by far my favorite author.  He had a world weary, realist borderline pessimistic style of writing... but there was always hope.  Behind the blatant hurt and disdain for life, he had hope.  I appreciate that because I can relate.  Despite that his writings were a bit quixotic and absurd.  I loved it.  By the end of each book you learned something.

Right now I am the One eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.  We get our house in less than ten days and there is more packing to do than things put away.  I am trying dearly- no scratch that- I have put most of my Proverbs journey on the back burner.  Instead of getting up early and spending time with God, I have been sleeping till the morning song of my children wakes me up and begging God to give me insight through whatever he can.  So God chose Vonnegut and the crazy moments in life one might pass by.

I am sorry for me claiming some grandeur adventure and then slacking on it.  I have been so unfocused on pretty much everything at the moment.  I promise that after the boxed are packed and then unpacked, that this should get good.

No comments:

Post a Comment